Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Support Groups

Hello and happy !

Today I want to talk about an organization that I've been wanting to check out. You may have heard of them. The National Alliance on Mental Illness, or NAMI, works to make the world a better place for those with psychological disorders. They provide education to the community about mental health to help raise awareness.

I love that they are doing this. It's refreshing to see people take action on a small scale to help start a movement.

They help a lot of people. What interested me most about them were the groups that they offer. There was such a variety of diverse issues. There were at least 5 groups meeting every day of the week, except Sunday. I am planning on checking out the bipolar support group. By creating so many categories for groups, it becomes easier to be matched with people whose issues most closely match yours.

By what my doctor told me, there are so many different types of people who attend. Since it is community outreach, it is open to the public. By what I've heard, people of all economic classes meet there.

I cannot wait to try it out! I have not gone yet, but I will definitely be posting to tell you how awesome it is!

You are loved. Stay strong. Stay united, and fight out hate.
               ~A Millenial

No comments:

Post a Comment